When you desire refreshing salads and tangy fruits, this crowd-pleasing fruit herb salad is perfect as a healthy snack or side dish, and certainly beautiful enough for any kind of occasions.
This recipe takes regular fruit salad to the next level and makes it much more exciting. Instead of simply tossing some fruit together in a bowl, we mix in an array of invigorating herbs that offer a range of fascinating flavours and a touch of zesty lime to truly make the fresh fruit sing.
In this recipe, we used a mix of strawberry, peach, and oranges. But you can use whatever ripe fruits you have at home too!
- Combine sliced herb leaves, lime juice, and lime zest into a medium bowl and mix well. Use a fork to gently press on the herb leaves to release its flavours.
- Combine all fruits into a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour herb lime concoction from step 1 onto the fruits in the mixing bowl. Whisk them well.
- Taste and decide if you’d like more lime juice to be added. If it’s too sour, a tablespoon of honey can be drizzled onto the fruits.
- For best flavours, refrigerate the mixing bowl for at least an hour before serving.